Recall from Chapter 2 that John Deere has the longest lasting logo of any brand. It was created in 1837. The John Deere brand is well known and has obtained a high level of brand equity. Advertising is an important part of John Deere’s integrated marketing approach.
- Television ad “Signature Series”
- Television ad “Name on It”
- Television ad “ZTrak”
- Video “Promised Land”
- John Deere’s YouTube Channel
- John Deere’s website
- John Deere Facebook
- John Deere Twitter
- Examine the steps in the hierarchy-of-effects model. Watch the four television ads. Which step do each of the videos address? Provide support for your answer.
- What is John Deere’s tagline? Does the tagline fit with the image they portray in the ads? Why or why not? What message does the tagline convey?
- Pick one of the television ads. Create a means-end chain that includes the attribute, benefit, and end-value.
- Watch the video “Promised Land.” Why did John Deere produce this video? What message about the John Deere brand is in this video?
- Examine John Deere’s YouTube channel. What information is on the channel? Why is it included? How does the information support the image John Deere wants to portray for its brand? Be specific.
- Examine John Deere’s website, Facebook page, and Twitter page. How do these digital formats integrate with the advertising? Provide specifics.
- Why do you think John Deere has attained a high level of brand equity?