Duracell is a well-known brand that has used television advertising to promote the brand. Recently, Duracell began using NFL players to promote its batteries. The company also used a cause-marketing approach. Examine the following resources then answer the questions that follow.
- TV ad Quantum Power
- TV ad Unwrap a smile
- TV ad Bunny UK
- Video – NFL Patrick Willis
- Video – Quantum Heroes
- Duracell YouTube Channel
- Duracell Website
- Duracell Facebook
- Duracell Twitter
- Watch the three television ads for Duracell. If you were the media planner, on which television shows would you place these ads? Identify at least 3 different TV shows for each ad. Explain why you selected the particular TV shows. Did you select different shows for each of the ads? Why or why not?
- For Duracell, which is more important brand recognition or brand recall? Why?
- Watch the two videos Duracell created. Why do you think Duracell created these two videos?
- Do you think supporting particular causes is a good strategy for Duracell? Why or why not?
- Look at Duracell’s YouTube channel. What information is on the channel? Why did Duracell place this information on the channel?
- Examine Duracell’s website, Facebook, and Twitter pages. How are these digital resources integrated with the brand’s advertising campaign?