Geico has developed a number of different executions of its television ads. Watch the following TV advertisements then answer the questions that follow.
Geico Television ads:
- Falling Trees
- Hump Day
- Hump Day Movie Theater
- Trade in Maxwell
- Maxwell and Ted
- Auctioneers Make Bad Clerks
- Oldest Trick
- Geico Gecko
- Focus Group
- Foghorn Leghorn
- Bryce Harper
- What is the tagline for Geico? Is it an effective tagline? Explain.
- From the Geico ads listed, which ones do you like the best? Why?
- Which execution style do you think is the most effective? Why?
- Why does Geico use so many different execution styles? What theories support this variation?
- If you were the media planner for Geico, on which television shows would you place the ads? Identify at least 5 and explain why you chose the particular shows on your list.
- At this point in time, which is more important for Gieco, brand recognition or brand recall? Why?