Online trading of stocks by individual investors required the E-Trade company to first capture the attention of individuals and then build sufficient confidence that the website could deliver a quality and useful service.
- E-Trade This is Getting Old Commercial
- E-Trade Swan Commercial
- E-Trade Chief Marketing Officer Discussion (Forbes)
- E-Trade Website
- Watch the commercials. What stage of the hierarchy of effects model do they target?
- Explain how Means-Ends theory applies to the two commercials.
- For years, E-trade utilized images of babies speaking as adults to promote the brand. Explain how wear-out effects and decay effects may have influenced the company’s decision to change advertising approaches.
- How do the the comments made by Lea Stendahl, Chief Marketing Officer, and the content of the E-Trade website mesh with the two commercials?