Here are two advertisements that used stronger fear appeals than have been seen in the past. After watching the two ads, answer the questions suggested.
Fear Appeal Ads:
- Do you think the fear appeal is too strong in these ads? Why or why not?
- Examine the Behavioral Response Model presented in the chapter. Identify and discuss the issues of severity, vulnerability, self-efficacy, and response efficacy.
- By using a stronger fear appeal, will it increase the chances these ads will be remembered? Why or why not?
- Do these ads have an impact on your image of Subaru and Diehard batteries? If so, why? If not, why not?
- What other appeal could Subaru and Diehard use effectively? Justify your response.