Mcgarrybowen used optical illusion in a 60-second European TV spot for Honda CR-V. This video as well as two others that utilize optical illusions would be a great way to introduce advertising design. You may want to start with the Ray-Ban optical illusion ad. Both ads are sure to captivate student interest.
- Article about mcgarrybowen’s use of optical illusion in a Honda ad
- Ray-Ban optical illusion ad
- European Honda TV Spot
- Behind the scenes video on how the Honda Spot was made
- What was your evaluation of the Honda TV ad?
- What was the objective behind the development of the Honda ad? Support your answer.
- What was your impression of the Ray-Ban ad?
- Which stage(s) of the hierarchy of effects model do you think this ad addresses?