I found this article and campaign interesting and believe it could be a good way to discuss the concepts of Chapter 13. The first year a teen drives is one of the most dangerous years of his/her life.
- Ad Age article about the Toyota Teen Safety Campaign
- Toyota TV Ad Promoting Toyota’s Teen Safety Drive Campaign
- Toyota’s TeenDrive365 Website
- Why would Toyota invest funds to create a campaign promoting teen driving safety that includes broadcast ads, print ads, and a website?
- What is your reaction to this campaign?
- How well did Toyota integrate their advertising campaign with the website? Explain.
- What image or impression does this campaign create for Toyota? Explain.
- Do you think this is a wise use of advertising dollars or should Toyota create ads that focus on their vehicles? Why or why not?