Listed below are some YouTube videos that can be used for Chapter 13.
- Haagen-Dazs and Honey Bees – This is a video produced by Goodby and Silverstein & Partners highlighting a specific cause – the disappearance of honey bees. (1:01)
- KPBS Report about vanishing honeybees. (5:45)
- Effects of Green Marketing video shows the categories of green marketing and characteristics of green consumers. (4:13)
- Green Washing– this is an excellent video to show a contrast to the two about green marketing, (2:02)
- What is Public Relations – this video explains public relations. (1:18)
- Cause-Related Marketing for Small Businesses – this video explains the process for using cause-related marketing effectively. (2:28)
- Re-inventing Corporate Giving is a musical video with facts about cause-related marketing, CSR, and community involvement. (3:15)
- The first two videos present the current problem of vanishing honeybees. These two videos can be a great springboard to discuss CSR (corporate social responsibility). Have companies done enough to protect our environment?
- The next two videos are about green marketing and green washing. These videos would be excellent to generate a discussion of green marketing and with the green washing video a discussion of sincerity can occur. How do consumers tell if a company is truly green or is it a disguise to boost sales?
- The public relations video is good for explaining the basic concepts of public relations.
- The cause-related marketing video can be used to generate a discussion among students about the impact of cause-related marketing on their attitudes towards brands and purchase behaviors. Are companies being sincere or is just another ploy to sell products?
- The last video is good summary of the issues of cause-related marketing, CSR, and community involvement. Discussion can follow on each of these topics and the facts presented in the video.