Sales promotions are prominent for grocery stores, such as Brookshire’s. Most promotions will be from manufacturers, but some will be from the grocery store.
Discussion Questions and Exercises:
- Examine Brookshire’s website. Identify the types of promotion featured on the website. What types of consumers are these designed to reach? Explain.
- Examine Brookshire’s Facebook and Twitter pages. What promotions do you see? How well integrated are these pages with the brand’s website? Provide specifics.
- Examine Brookshire’s pinterest page. What information does Brookshire’s post on the account? Why is this information posted? Why would Brookshire’s even have a pinterest page? Explain.
- Examine Brookshire’s YouTube channel. What information is posted? Why has this information been posted? How is the YouTube channel integrated with the other resources you have examined? Explain.
- Examine Brookshire’s Google+ page. What information is posted? Why is this information posted?
- Locate the websites of two other grocery stores in your area. Compare each of these websites to Brookshire’s. What similarities do you see? What differences to you see?
- How important are sales promotions to grocery stores? Explain.
- Which is better for grocery stores, the store’s own promotions or manufacturers’ promotions? Justify your answer.