Consumer promotions, such as coupons, premiums, contests, and sweepstakes, are used frequently in the food industry. For this blog, assume you are the marketing manager for a small chain of 15 pizza restaurants in your area.
- Mobile Promotions and Facebook
- Mobile Coupons
- Brand Contests and Sweepstakes with Pongr
- Social Media Sweepstakes
- 5 Effective Sales Promotions (Premiums)
Discussion Questions and Exercises:
- Summarize the points made in the first video. What are the advantages of using the brand Upside? What are the disadvantages? Outline how you could use this with your pizza restaurants.
- Watch the second video. What are the advantages of using mobile coupons? What would be the disadvantages? Explain how you could use mobile coupons for your pizza restaurant chain.
- How could you use Pongr to create a sweepstake for your pizza restaurants? Be specific. In what other industries could Pongr be used? Justify your answer.
- Watch the fourth video.Outline how you could use Facebook and Twitter for a sweepstakes for your pizza restaurants. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using social media instead of traditional media for a sweepstakes?
- Watch the last video. Describe the five effective promotions presented in the video. Why were these premiums successful? Describe how you could use premiums to boost business for your pizza restaurants. Be specific.
- What are the disadvantages of using sales promotions for your pizza restaurant? Be specific.