For most brands, traditional media is still an important component of an integrated marketing communications campaign. The challenge is choosing the best combination of media. The following YouTube videos provide some insights into this process.
- How to Create a Media Plan
- Choosing the Right Medium
- Power of Magazines
- Magazines Connect
- Outstanding Newspaper Ads
- Why Radio Advertising Works
- Lipton Tea Radio Ad
- Television Ad Promoting Mike & Mike Radio Show
- Out-of-Home Today
- Creative Out-of-Home Advertising
- Watch the first video on creating a media plan. Summarize the video’s content.
- Watch the video on choosing the right medium. Discuss the process and criteria that should be used in selecting the right medium for an advertising campaign.
- Watch the two videos about magazines. Summarize the primary message of each video. Do you believe magazines are an effective medium for advertising? Why or why not?
- Watch the video about newspaper ads. Which newspaper ad did you like the best? Why? Is newspaper advertising still a feasible approach? Why or why not?
- Watch the video “Why Radio Advertising Works.” What did you learn from this video about radio advertising? How can radio be used effectively? Provide specifics.
- Listen to the Lipton Tea radio ad. Was it a good radio ad? Why or why not?
- Watch the TV ad promoting the Mike & Mike radio show. What was your reaction to the ad?
- Watch the two videos about out-of-home advertising. What did you learn? Be specific. How has out-of-home advertising changed? In the last video, which out-of-home was your favorite? Why?