As described in Chapter 4, Carnival Cruise Lines developed a segmentation strategy based on non-users. They developed a campaign targeting individuals who had never been on a cruise, which is 76 percent of Americans.
- Television ad “60”
- Television ad “Different”
- Television ad “So Much Better”
- Carnival YouTube Channel
- Carnival Website
- Carnival Facebook
- Carnival Twitter
- Watch the three television ads. What is your reaction to each? Which do you like the best? Why?
- Review the three television ads. Who do you think is the intended target audience for each, in terms of demographics and psychographics? Support your answer.
- Access Carnival’s YouTube Channel. What is your reaction to the design of this channel? What type of information is provided? Why?
- Based on the television ad and YouTube channel, has Carnival targeted “non-users:” successfully? Why or why not?
- Review Carnival’s website, Facebook and Twitter pages. Who is being targeted with each? Explain.
- Review the product positioning strategies described in the chapter. Which positioning strategy is Carnival using? Support your answer with specifics.
- Review the VALS groups described in the chapter. Which groups should Carnival target? Why?