Chapter 1 discusses how Chick-fil-A has integrated its advertising with social media. Access the following links then answer the questions.
- Television Ad for Chick-fil-A
- Chick-fil-A YouTube Channel
- Chick-fil-A Website
- Chick-fil-A Facebook
- Chick-fil-A Twitter
- What are your thoughts about the TV ad?
- What do you think of the ad campaign “eat mor chikin” featuring a cow encouraging consumers to switch from beef to chicken? The focus of the campaign is to encourage consumers to eat more chicken. Is this a good approach? Why or why not?
- Examine the brand’s YouTube Channel. In your opinion, why does Chick-fil-A have its own YouTube channel? Describe the content on the YouTube Channel. How well does the YouTube channel engage consumers with the brand? Explain.
- Examine Chick-fil-A’s website. How well is it integrated with its advertising and YouTube channel? Explain. What types of information is available? Does the site effectively engage consumers with the brand? Explain.
- Examine the brand’s Facebook page. Would it encourage consumers to become a fan? Why or why not?
- Examine Chick-fil-A’s Twitter page. What is your evaluation? Explain. Does it encourage interaction with consumers? Why or why not?
- Based on all of the materials examined, discuss how well Chick-fil-A has integrated its advertising and social media strategies.