As Baby Boomers continue to grow older and retire, new generations including Gen X and Millennials become more prominent workplace and consumer groups. Discovering how they communicate as well as forms they do not use will be keys to future marketing efforts.
- Forbes on communication preferences
- YouTube on communication
- Gen Z Communication
- Tips for Effective Communication
- After reviewing these articles and watching the videos, which major changes in communication methods are the most evident?
- How should marketers react to these changes in communication patterns? (Think in terms of media choices as well as words and other symbols.)
- Explain how these changes in communication styles affect jobs in the marketing communication profession.
- Discuss the concept of “noise” or “barriers to communication” within the context of these changes in communication patterns as they relate to marketing communications.