The field of marketing communications continues to experience rapid growth and major transitions. Consider these job titles:
- Digital advertising specialist
- Digital media planner
- Interactive media planner
- Web analytics consultant
- Graphic artist
- Web designer
- Online advertising specialist (sales)
- Sales researcher
- Account executive
- Traffic manager
- Account planner
- Data scientist
- Social media manager/consultant
- Using the internet or other methods, create job descriptions for each of these positions.
- In this list, which of the jobs would be considered as more “traditional” marketing occupations and which are the newest?
- Name the top three positions from this list that would interest you as you enter the work force. Explain why they are the most attractive.
- Which of these jobs would be the least enticing? Why?