The retailing industry has experienced dramatic pressures from new competitors, most notably internet-based sales from order-fulfillment companies such as Amazon. Kohl’s, Macy’s and Target have responded in two ways: First, the actual sizes of retails stores have been reduced. Second, new partnerships have emerged seeking to entice customers into retail outlets with more than one intention.
- Kohl’s and Planet Fitness (CNN)
- Kohl’s and Amazon (Motley Fool)
- Kohl’s and Weight Watchers (WW) Ad Age
- Video – Retailer Challenges
- How can the marketing team at Kohl’s take advantage of buzz marketing, lifestyle marketing, and experiential marketing to enhance the relationships the company has created with these other organizations?
- How would Kohl’s incorporate in-store marketing and point-of-purchase displays to create additional advantages for the retailer and these new partners?
- What digital marketing and web advertising tactics would Kohl’s use to build the company’s customer base?
- Watch the retailer challenge video. Do these new relationships that Kohl’s marketing team has created help address the challenges present? Defend your answer.