After several years of declining sales, Arby’s admitted its advertising was not working. They fired their agency and hired Fallon. The campaign moved from happy people running around with sandwiches to a focus on the meat inside of the sandwich. Two years ago 35% of Arby’s customers were under 35; today it is 50% under 35.
- Adweek Article
- This is Meatcraft ad
- Fear Not the Meat ad
- Arby’s to Jon Stewart
- Arby’s – We have Pepsi
- Was Arby’s decision to switch advertising agencies a good decision? Why or why not?
- Watch the two TV ads. What are your thoughts about the ads. Is this a good approach? Why or why not?
- Watch the video to Jon Stewart After reading the article and watching this video, what do you think of this approach?
- Watch the video about Pepsi. Was it good for Arby’s to admit they failed to do the second ad? Why or why not?
- What do you think caused the increase in the “Under 35” age group jump from 35% to 50%?