Although I’m suggesting this article and videos for Chapter 8, but it could be used in a variety of other chapters. Columbia Sportswear is launching a new campaign that features traditional advertising as well as digital marketing. The company has selected 2 individuals from among 3000 applicants to spend the next 6 months testing their products and then documenting the results on a blog and YouTube.
- Columbia Sportswear article (Oregon Live)
- Ski Rescue TV Ad
- Snow Shovel TV Ad
- Lauren Steele – Director of Toughness
- Zack Doleac – Director of Toughness
- Before reading this article and watching the videos, what was your knowledge and image of Columbia Sportswear?
- What is your evaluation of this new campaign?
- Do you like the selection of Lauren Steele and Zack Doleac as Directors of Toughness? Why or why not?
- How will Steele and Doleac encourage people to follow them on their blogs and through YouTube?