This article highlights three ways brands can use corporate social responsibility (CSR) to create better advertising. I have also included two YouTube videos and a blog from Patagonia that can be used with the article.
- Three Ways Brands Can Use CSR to Create Better Advertising
- Patagonia blog
- Chipotle Scarecrow video
- Dove Real Beauty video
- What are the three ways brands can use CSR to create better advertising? Do you agree or disagree with these three methods of using CSR? Why?
- What is your impression of the Patagonia blog?
- What is your impression of the Scarecrow video by Chipotle? Do you think this video will boost sales for Chipotle? Why or why not?
- What is your impression of the Dove Real Beauty video?
- Do you think society places too much emphasis on physical appearance? Why or why not?
- After viewing the videos, examining the blog, and reading the article, how important is CSR to brands? Explain.
- Is your purchase behavior influenced by a brand’s CSR effort? Why or why not?