Budweiser created the top ad (according to most rating agencies) for both the 2015 and 2014 Super Bowls. The brand’s 2013 ad also received high ratings.
- Budweiser 2015 Lost Dog Super Bowl ad
- Budweiser 2014 Puppy Love Super Bowl ad
- Budweiser 2013 Super Bowl ad
- Budweiser 2012 Super Bowl ad
- Watch all four Budweiser ads. Which one did you like the best? Why?
- Compare the 2013, 2014, and 2015 ads to the one in 2012. Why do you think Budweiser changed its Super Bowl advertising approach?
- In 2014 and 2015 the Budweiser ads were rated at the top by most rating agencies. Is this important for Budweiser? Why or why not?
- Most creatives believe emotional ads are the key to developing brand loyalty. Would you agree with this statement? Why or why not?
- To produce these Super Bowl ads, Budweiser spends over $5 million per ad (cost of air time and production of ad). Is that a wise use of marketing dollars? Why or why not?