The following videos present some interesting concepts concerning consumer behavior. The first makes an interesting point about advertising and today’s consumers. The second presents a different understanding of the consumer buying process. The third looks at the impact of the Internet on both consumer and business buying behavior.
- Advertiser vs. Consumer
- Consumer Decision Journey – McKinsey
- Customer Decision Making – Pitney Bowles
- In the first video, what is the primary point of the video? Do you agree or disagree with this point? Why?
- Is advertising an effective means of reaching today’s consumers? Why or why not?
- According to the second video, what has changed in the way consumers make purchase decisions?
- Based on the second video, what are the five stages of consumer decision process? What has changed in this process? Explain the concept of consumer decision journey presented in this video. Do you agree or disagree with this view? Why or why not?
- Compare the consumer decision journey process presented in the second video to the hierarchy of effects model. What are the similarities? What are the differences?
- Describe how companies and brands can use the information in the second video to reach consumers and lead them to make purchase decisions.
- According to the third video, how has the Internet changed the decision making process?
- In the third video, how has the Internet changed the business-to-business buying process for companies, such as Pitney Bowles?