Humor has long been a favorite advertising appeal to reach consumers and Snickers has relied on humor in recent years to promote its brand. Two new ads produced for Snickers display a higher level of stupidity, designed to be humorous.
- Adweek article about Snicker’s new ad campaign
- Snicker’s ad “Figure Drawing”
- Snicker’s at “Internship”
- What is your reaction to these two new ads? Do you like them? Why or why not?
- Is humor an effective approach for you? Why or why not?
- Describe a humorous ad that stands out in your mind? What makes it a good ad?
- Is displaying stupidity a good type of humor? Why or why not?
- Can using stupidity in advertising create a negative feeling towards a brand? Why or why not?