Ram has launched a new campaign in partnership with Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry (FHFH). The campaign encourages hunters to donate their hunt to feed the hungry and less fortunate. I thought this would fit well with Chapter 13 on cause-related marketing, but also could be used in a discussion of segmentation (Chapter 4) and even consumer behavior (Chapter 3).
- Article from Marketing Daily (Mediapost)
- Ram “Donate” ad
- Ram “Landscape” ad
- Ram microsite to support campaign
- FHFH website
- Do you think this is a good cause for Ram to support? Why or why not?
- What did you think about the two Ram ads?
- Examine the Ram microsite. How well is it integrated with the two ads and the cause Ram wants to promote?
- Examine the FHFH website. How well is the Ram campaign integrated with the FHFH website?
- Do you think this campaign will be effective in reaching “outdoorsmen” and will translate into a higher brand image and a boost in sales of Ram trucks? Why or why not?