I found this new Gatorade campaign intriguing. While it fits well with Chapter 5, you may want to use it to introduce your course. The tagline of the campaign is “Sweat It to Get It” but the theme focuses on scaring kids.
- Adweek Article about the campaign
- Gatorade Not Just a Man’s World Ad
- Gatorade Peyton and Eli Ad
- Gatorade College Kids Ad
- What is you reaction to the campaign?
- What do you think is the goal of the campaign? Justify your answer.
- On which component(s) of the hierarchy of effects model does the campaign focus? Explain why.
- Explain the concept of variability theory as it relates to this campaign.