Liberty Mutual Insurance has developed an interesting campaign for car insurance. Watch these ads then answer the questions below.
- What are your thoughts about these ads? Do you like them or dislike them? Why?
- On which component of attitude would you say is the primary focus of these ads? Justify your answer.
- What do you think of the dialogue approach used? In your opinion, why was this approach used?
- Who do you think is the target audience for these ads? Justify your answer.
- What are your thoughts about the better car replacement and accident forgiveness policies of Liberty Mutual? Both of these cost extra and have to be added to your p0licy. Do you think the ad makes this clear? Why or why not?
- In terms of cognitive mapping, are these ads designed to strengthen current linkages, modify current linkages, or create new linkages? Justify your answer.
- Which of the methods for evaluation of alternatives is typically used for car insurance? Explain your answer.