An interesting article appeared in Advertising Age based on the idea that many creatives inside the advertising industry feel advertising destroys creativity and artist freedom. Research of consumers, however presented a different thought, nearly 40% said they love advertising and almost 70% said advertising has the power to make the world better. Leo Burnett agency held an art show at a local university where ads, minus logos and brand names, were displayed. The reactions in this video were interesting. These articles and video can be used at the beginning of the advertising section of the text book, Chapter 5, or for Chapter 6 when you talk about ad design.
- Do demands of clients restrict artistic form and creativity? Why or why not?
- How do you feel about advertising?
- How do you see the advertising profession and individuals who work in advertising?
- Would you like to work in the advertising industry? Why or why not?
- What did you think of the video by Leo Burnett and the reaction of individuals to the art show?