The Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over advertising and marketing. The agency’s website has information about laws, policies, cases, and information for consumers as well as businesses.
- FTC Website
- What we do?
- Press Releases
- Commission Actions
- Social Media
- Cases and Proceedings
- Tips and Advice for Consumers
Questions and Exercises:
- Access the website of the Federal Trade Commission. What is your overall opinion of the website and information that is posted?
- Examine the “What We Do” page. Summarize what the FTC does.
- Examine the press releases of the FTC. Pick one press release that looks interesting to you. Summarize the content of the press release. (Be sure to provide the link)
- Look at the commission actions page. Pick one commission action that looks interesting to you. Summarize the content of the action. (Be sure to provide the link)
- Pick one of the audios or videos from the FTC site. Summarize its content. Why was the audio or video posted? (Be sure to provide the link)
- What social media networks does the FTC use? Pick one of the social media networking links. Summarize the information and approach used by the FTC. (Be sure to provide the link)
- Access the “Cases and Proceedings” page. Pick one of the cases that is of interest to you. Summarize the case and decision. (Be sure to provide the link)
- Access the “Tips and Advice” page for consumers. What types of information does the FTC provide to consumers?