Chapter 15 presents various methods companies use to measure advertising and marketing activity. This YouTube video shows how biometrics are used to evaluate viral ads. It can be an excellent starting point for a discussion of ad evaluation and specifically biometrics.
- What are the advantages of using biometrics over paper/pencil type of tests that ask for consumer reactions to an advertisement?
- What are the disadvantages?
- Can biometric reactions be faked? Why or why not?
- Does the knowledge that a person’s physical reactions are being measured have an impact on the reactions that are observed?
- Biometrics are seen as a superior way to evaluate certain types of ads, such as controversial ads or ads with sexual content, than traditional methods? Would you agree or disagree? Why?