Marketing and marketing communications programs have experienced considerable change. Advertisers have moved away from traditional media and shifted funds to digital and alternative channels. Messages have been altered to account for emerging social trends.
- What types of companies would be most affected by declines in newspaper subscriptions, where they typically advertise?
- Why have companies moved away from “snail mail” for advertising purposes?
- Can you think of examples in which a company has tied advertising to a social cause or charity? Did it create a favorable or unfavorable impression that would lead you to purchase or avoid that company?
- In addition to newspapers and mail, traditional radio and television channels have also experienced declines in viewership/listeners. How might this trend affect a marketing communications program?
- Retail sales have been in trouble for a long period of time. How can these companies respond, especially in light of current conditions? What marketing communications messages would work the best?