The coronavirus outbreak has led to challenges to individuals, the government, and businesses of all sizes. Media usage has changed as individuals stay sequestered at home.
- Explain how the world of marketing communications has changed due to the coronavirus outbreak.
- Examine the impact of this crisis on social media usage. Will the trend continue long term into the future? Why or why not?
- Find advertisements made during other crisis periods, such as 9-11 or the financial crisis of 2008. How are ads different now?
- If asked to advertise for a company, what type of message do you believe would be the most valuable? Does your answer depend on the industry involved? Explain your response.
- What types of public relations activities would assist a company during this period? What types would hurt a brand’s image?