Many marketers are familiar with the difference between a fad and a fashion. Fads are typically more temporary and subject to rapid change. In the past year, Snapchat has experienced some major challenges. Are they endemic of fad or fashion with regard to the use of social media?
- Do Not Update Snapchat
- Snapchat Crashing – Gift of Life
- Snapchat Stock Problems – Motley Fool
- Social Media Trends – SproutSocial
- Watch the two videos regarding problems with Snapchat. How might they affect advertisers thinking about using the site?
- Go to Snapchat. Have the problems been resolved?
- Read the story regarding Snapchat stock problems and the one regarding social media trends. Can any of these trends help Snapchat rebound from its difficulties?
- If you were a marketing/advertising employee of a competing site, such as Instagram, would you highlight Snapchat’s problems or simply stress your site’s strengths? Defend your answer.