A potentially devastating illness, hepatitis C, is most likely to affect individuals born between 1945 and 1965. Recently, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) created advertising designed to encourage people from this generation to be tested for the virus.
- Gilead TV Spot – Original
- Public Service Announcement
- Awareness Campaign
- CDC Message
- Alert to South Asians
- Naomi Judd Interview
- Watch the videos. Which ones utilize a fear approach?
- Rate the appear strength of the fear approaches, from mild to strong. Is this approach effective in convincing individuals to seek testing?
- Which video utilizes an emotional approach? Is it effective?
- Which video emphasizes rationality? Does it work?
- Which executional framework best matches each of the various appeals used in these videos?