Buzz marketing with brand ambassadors has been a popular marketing tactic recently. A new twist to this approach is using employees as ambassadors and having employees talk about how great it is to work for a particular company. The Fast Company article and videos should generate some interesting discussion.
- Fast Company Article
- General Electric “Zazzies” Ad
- UPS “Driver for a Day” Ad
- Sam Adams “Stay Independent” Ad
- Foundation Medicine “I Am” Ad
- What are your thoughts about company advertising brands in this manner with employees?
- Does this approach enhance a brand’s image? Why or why not?
- Based on the information in the chapter about brand ambassadors, is this a good approach? Why or why not?
- Which of the four ads did you like the best? Why?