While this New York Times article was written before the Kellogg’s campaign launched, it has useful information about Kellogg’s strategy. Since 93% of Americans eat cereal getting them to eat more is extremely challenging, unless you can encourage consumers to eat cereal in the evenings, not in the mornings. That is the goal of this campaign. Here are two TV ads that were produced.
- Do you ever eat cereal in the evening or at non-breakfast time?
- Do you think this campaign will increase sales for Kelloggs by getting consumers to eat cereal in the evenings? Why or why not?
- In terms of consumer attitude, which component of attitude does this campaign and TV ads try to influence? Justify your answer.
- In terms of cognitive mapping, what is Kellogg’s goal? Explain.
- Do you think this campaign utilizes any of the trends in consumer buyer behavior? If so, which ones? Why? If not, why not?