In order to reach consumers in an advertising cluttered environment, Bryan Silverman and his brother Jordan, have created a company that sells advertising on toilet paper. The Silverman brothers will provide free toilet paper complete with ads to restaurants and other businesses. Another form of bathroom advertising is interactive mirrors.
- New York Times article – toilet paper advertising
- CNN news report – toilet paper advertising
- YouTube video – advertising mirror
- What are your thoughts about toilet paper advertising?
- Since the toilet paper is free, is this a good business decision for restaurants, bars, and other businesses? Why or why not?
- Do you think toilet paper advertising is an effective form of advertising? Why or why not?
- What about the mirror advertising? What are you thoughts about it?
- Is a public bathroom an effective location for advertising? Why or why not?