The goal of buzz or word-of-mouth marketing is to get consumers to generate buzz about a brand. The rationale is based on the idea that consumers rely more on recommendations from friends than on brand advertising. The first two videos provide a good explanation of buzz marketing.
- Buzz Marketing – Part 1
- Buzz Marketing – Part 2
- 2012 WOMMY Winner – Costa Rica and 22Squared
- 2012 WOMMY Winner – Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme Cheese
- 2011 WOMMY Winner – Vail Resorts
- eBay Experiential Marketing
- Watch the first two videos taking notes as you watch. Summarize the content of each of the videos. Discuss how the content provided can assist a small business, such as a small restaurant, in developing a buzz marketing campaign.
- Watch the three videos on winners of the WOMMY Awards. Which one did you like the best? Why? Which one had the strongest buzz marketing campaign? Why? For each campaign, describe the buzz marketing components that made it successful.
- Watch the eBay experiential marketing video. Why was this campaign considered experiential marketing? It also could be considered buzz marketing. Why?