The Better Business Bureau is a non-profit organization designed to benefit both consumers and businesses. Learn more about the BBB through the following links then answer the questions that follow.
- BBB YouTube channel
- Council of BBB website
- BBB Facebook
- BBB Twitter
- BBB LinkedIn
- BBB Pinterest
- BBB Flickr
- BBB YouTube Consumer
- BBB FourSquare
- BBB Google+
Questions and Exercises:
- Examine the YouTube channel for the BBB. What types of videos are posted? Access one of the videos and write a 2 paragraph report on its content.
- Access the website of the Council of BBB. What information is provided? Describe the information under each of the primary tabs.
- Access BBB’s Facebook and Twitter pages. What information is available? How can these social media sites be used by consumers?
- Access BBB’s LinkedIn page. What purpose does this page serve for the BBB? What about consumers?
- Access BBB’s Pinterest page. Describe the information provided on this site? How can this social media page be used by consumers?
- Access BBB’s Flickr page. What information is on this page?
- Access the BBB YouTube Consumer channel. What information is available on this channel? How is it different from the first YouTube channel? Be specific.
- Access the FourSquare site. Locate the BBB in your area. What information is located on this site? How can it be of value to consumers?
- Access the BBB Google+ page. What information is here?
- Summarize all of the social media sites of the BBB and describe how these can be of value to consumers? What about businesses?